If you're looking for a bike, you will have noticed the bike industry has gone completely crazy. Parts are non-existent, the simplest components have 2 year leadtimes, it's a circus (but without a ring master).
Relatively speaking, we're doing OK. The simplicity of our business model helps us out here. But one of our plans, to offer more complete bikes and frame+parts packages (so complete bikes but not assembled) is certainly affected by it.
We will have more Force/Eagle bikes and parts packages coming in a few months (sign up for our Updates
to be the first to know). But in the meantime we're excited to also offer another option: Frame+parts packages with Campagnolo EKAR 1x13. Right now we can only offer it in Europe, hopefully soon elsewhere too. As you may know from my previous blog on EKAR, I really like it
. So we're happy to now also offer this great groupset to OPEN customers.
There's only a small hiccup: Due to the supply chain craziness, some parts have not arrived yet, namely the cockpit. And who knows when they will). So we had two choices: wait or sell you the parts package without those items. We chose the latter, as this way you can go and buy your cockpit of choice and get on the road quicker. And if those parts ever arrive, we'll use them on the next batch of parts kits (if those ever arrive too :-)
If you're interested, then please read this carefully to avoid disappointment:
- Unfortunately right now this offer is for EUROPE ONLY. We hope to have an EKAR option in the rest of the world soon.
- You can ONLY buy the EKAR parts kit in combination with the Fulcrum/Ekar wheel+tire kit AND a frameset. If you outsmart the cart and order without a frame, we unfortunately have to reject the order anyway as we are not allowed to sell just the parts.
- We have some 650b and some 700c wheels, with matching tires of course.
- We don't have very many, it's a first-come-first-serve basis, so please don't wait too long if you really want this.
- EKAR is a great group for the WIDE (the bike below is from Campagnolo engineer Nicolo Martinello) and the UP(PER) but also for the MIND (see below the WIDE photo for more info). If the frame of choice is showing out of stock, then you can send Andy a message (Contact form on the left of this page). If there are still parts packages available when he comes into the office next week, he will try to reserve one for you until the frame of your choice comes in.
- Don't wait any longer, order yours here.
If you're thinking of putting EKAR on a MIND:
- I personally love that combination. Please note however that the tires that are part of the package won't fit on the MIND (they are 40mm gravel tires). So it would require you to find a set of road tires.
- Secondly I would in most cases prefer the 9-36 cassette instead of the 9-42 we have, but I would suggest to just go with it and you can always get a second close-range cassette if you really want to.
- You may think the MIND wouldn't look so nice with a 1x13 groupset and an unused front derailleur mount. But next week, we will announce (spoiler alert!) a special MIND that is dedicated to 1x, so without front derailleur mount. If nonetheless you prefer the standard 2x MIND, just go ahead and order that. If you prefer the new 1x MIND, then just send Andy a message (contact form on the left).
If you have any other questions, just pose them below.