Last year we offered some ambassadorships to you, our loyal customers. This resulted in a nice group of people all over the world, and we've kept in touch with many of you either through social media or directly via email. It's been great to see your adventures.
(c) Markus Berget
In fact it's been so great that we'll expand the program. More about that below, first a small note for the current ambassadors. We want to start a twice-monthly topic in our updates called OPEN EARTH (Epic Ambassador Ride of The Half-month ***as I shake my own head***). If you have something you'd like to share, please send to email@example.com:
- Your story
- (optional) Link to any posted video (Vimeo preferred)
- (optional) Link to the route on one of the platforms (Komoot, Strava, RidewithGPS, etc)
Of course we would love for our current ambassadors to continue, but we also have room for some more (or if current ambassadors would like to upgrade, just contact us). The program will focus specifically on a few models on which ambassadors will receive a 25% discount:
1) OPEN U.P. Ekar blue
This model represents the most economical way to enter the OPEN world, and we want to spread that message. For ambassadors, it means this bike will be USD/EUR 2,999.25
instead of USD/EUR 3,999
2) OPEN WI.DE. Force/Eagle with 650b wheels (DT GR 1600 Spline for USD/EUR 3,750 or ENVE AG28 for USD/EUR 4,500)
There is an unmistakable trend to bigger and bigger 700c tires in the market, but unfortunately this leads to bigger and bigger bikes that lose some of their fun, nimble handling. This if of course no surprise as fast, agile handling has worked perfectly for decades with 700c road tires that are 680-700mm in diameter. So going to say a 700x50c tire that is 730-740mm in diameter changes the dynamic quite a bit.
Of course followers of OPEN already know the perfect solution: stick to the 700mm diameter range while still blowing up your tire width, i.e. 650x55-60b or thereabouts. In fact I am building up such a bike myself as we speak, but that's for another update. For the ambassador program, we're looking for people to showcase some of our 650b WI.DE.s.
3) OPEN WIDE Force/Eagle with 700c DT GR 1600 Spline (USD/EUR 3,750)
To be honest, there is no specific reason to include this bike other than that it is a specification which we will not continue in the future. It represents our most affordable entry into the WIDE series and into electronic shifting, but we think going forward we'll go about that a bit differently.
All we ask in return is that you:
- Ride the bike a lot
- Put the bike with your spec in our customer showcase
- Enjoy it
- Send us a story and photos for OPEN EARTH about a nice adventure you had with the bike
If you're interested in becoming an ambassador, simply write us a quick note
with the following information:
- How many km/miles will you ride this year?
- 1-3 sentences of why you would like to be an ambassador for OPEN
- Some background on yourself with some photos of your bike experiences or links to any blog or social media showing your love of cycling
The lucky ones will receive a discount code for the above bikes in our online store. If you prefer to work via a retailer, no problem, we're neutral (you know, Swiss). Just let us know who you'd like to work with. Any other questions, just shoot us an email
Andy & Gerard